PDA

View Full Version : Free Boat!!!!!!!!!!!

fishingful
04-14-2004, 06:11 PM
TI IS FREE COME AND GET IT...........
their is an old boat and trailer in my grandmaws back yard it is an old fiber glass boat about a 15 footer with a closed bow i am pretty sure that it dosent leak because it is full of water the tires on the trailer are flat................ she wants it out of her yard.............the problem is that their is no title for it my uncle bought it from some guy and he cant find that guy then he gave it to me and well................. i dont want it.......... do you guys know what i can do with it i dont think i can do anything with it if i dont have a title?????????? i dont want to put any money in to it .......... we just want it gone after 6 years of looking at it she wants a yard COME AND GET IT............jim

p.s it is in akron..........firestone park

http://www.gofishohio.com/fishingforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8924

http://www.gofishohio.com/fishingforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8925

http://www.gofishohio.com/fishingforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8926

http://www.gofishohio.com/fishingforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8927

DaleM
04-14-2004, 06:22 PM
Fish: Get the serial number off the rear plate, or where ever the plate is. Contact the ODNR and they will be able to help you get a new title. Oh # will also work.

captnroger
04-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Moved to the OGF Marketplace

fishingful
04-15-2004, 09:34 AM
sorry roger i figured mor people would see it in the ne forum :D

nobody wants a free boat????

H2O Mellon
04-15-2004, 09:48 AM
i'd take it, but i live in Fairborn!

fish4wall
04-15-2004, 10:29 AM
do you have the tile for the trailer???
if so i'll take both.
fish4wall

mrfishohio
04-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Would be a great 2nd boat for the 10 HP lakes........
I think you can get a title for the trailer no problem, just call it a home made, I had one, and they just made up a registration for it, without a title. Jim

fishingful
04-15-2004, 11:45 AM
nope no titles at all!!!!

Ken G
04-16-2004, 12:19 AM
You don't need a title for the trailer, all you need is a weight slip. The state can trace the old OH numbers to determine the last registered owner of the boat. If they are still alive you can get them to file for a lost title and transfer it to you. If they won't transfer it to you charge them a huge storage fee.

Two things are keeping me from taking the boat. #1 is that it is too far away and #2 is I picked up project boat #3 last weekend.

fishingful
05-02-2004, 07:53 PM
to the junk yard if no one wants it

Rage n' Cajun
05-04-2004, 03:53 PM
If noone has gotten the boat and trailer I'll take it
I live in Chagrin Falls about 30 minutes from Kent. Let me know.......cajunheart1111@yahoo.com. Thanks
Glenn LaCour(Rage n' Cajun)

fishingful
05-04-2004, 07:01 PM
the boats yours i will send you an e-mail the boat is in akron

fishingful
07-13-2004, 09:44 AM
the boat is still here i cant get a title to it as i dont know the last owner does any one want it or know of a place i can get rid of it city scrap in akron wont take fiberglass i need to get rid of this boat asap thanks...........jim

Huntinbull
07-14-2004, 05:46 AM
saw this back at top, If you still have the boat drop me a line, if not, drop me a line anyway! cya
Huntinbull

Rage n' Cajun
07-14-2004, 09:56 AM
I sent you all the title info in an email a while back and never heard back from you. Hey Jim.....
Sorry it took so long for me to respond, this is the busy busy season for large piano studios. Ok, I had the Dept. of Watercraft run a title search and this is what they found, the boat is 1959 15' Cutter, Title Number- 770104120 to a William B. Blakely, last registered in 1987-1990 in Mogadore, Ohio with addresses previously registered in Kent and Akron. Is this person your relative? or do you know this person? Either way I have to have the title or duplicate title signed over to me. If he is dead then the executor of his estate has to go get a title and sign it over, otherwise I can't license the boat or register it since it was once titled. This is straight from the Division of Watercraft and the Title Office. As is this boat cannot be put on any body of water or towed down the highway.
Any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated, I have taken it as far as I can.
Thanks,
Glenn

fishingful
07-14-2004, 12:39 PM
sorry glenn i remember that now it has been a busy summer and i had deleated it when my mailbox got to big and havent thought about it till now well the problem is that the guy that had sold the boat to my uncle is no place to be found i dont know him..........originally posted....the problem is that their is no title for it my uncle bought it from some guy and he cant find that guy then he gave it to me and well................. i dont want it.......... do you guys know what i can do with it i dont think i can do anything with it if i dont have a title?????????? i dont want to put any money in to it .......... we just want it gone after 6 years of looking at it she wants a yard COME AND GET IT............jim...........so if i cant do any thing with it and dont know the guy that owned it i dont know what to do??????? but i got to get rid of it any ideas????????

bowhazard
07-14-2004, 03:33 PM
One word ... Structure

Or sell it as a "Viking Funeral Device" on ebay ;)