PDA

View Full Version : huron, head boats

Liquid Therapy
08-24-2006, 06:55 AM
can someone tell me if there is any and if there are, where?

thanks

MDisbrow
08-24-2006, 11:17 AM
I honestly don't know of any, but I'm sure there are. Your best bet is just under the bridge as you cross over the river. Huron Lagoons Marina. They also have a website http://www.huronlagoons.com/ Call over there, and ask them. I see what appear to be charter boats right there, but I'm not sure. Never gone out with a charter on Erie.

Or, just take a drive 15 mins east to Vermilion, where you will no doubt have your pick of about 20 boats. Check with Bait Daves or Parsons Marina in Vermilion, and they will point you in the right direction. Good people at both establishments.

Irishjim
08-24-2006, 02:46 PM
There use to be a head boat at Sawmill Creek but I think the operator and the resort parted company last year. I don't know were he docks now. You could try giving them a call.

krustydawg
08-24-2006, 04:55 PM
The Sawmill Explorer is the boat you are referring to. This used to be a head boat, recently it was turned into a lake front tourism boat. I don't know if they still run the boat or not, as of last year they did, but I have not seen it this year so Irishjim may be correct. I believe one of the headboat companies from the western basin moves a boat to the Huron Boat Basin beginning in September.

fishy1
08-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Yeah, used to be the Cleavelander (sp?) run by captain JOhn. He re-fitted he
her and went to live the dream down south florida way. He was a hell of a headboat captain, always tried to find the fish and always shared his good fortune with other captains.
Fishy1