PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky License Fees - Much Better than Ohio

AEFISHING
02-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Resident Licenses:
Combination Hunting and Fishing License $22.50
Resident Sportsman (Includes Combination Hunting & Fishing License, Deer Permit, Spring Turkey Permit, Fall Archery Turkey Permit, Fall Firearm Turkey Permit, State Waterfowl Permit, Trout Permit) $117.50 Value 80.00
Hunting License 15.00
Senior/Disabled License 5.00
Junior Hunting License*(See note below) 8.75
Fishing License 15.00
One (1) Day Fishing 6.00
Two (2) Day Fishing 12.00
Joint Fishing License (Husband/Wife)*(See note below) 27.00
Trapping License 17.50
Trapping License (Landowner/Tenant) 10.00

smallieguy
02-24-2005, 06:27 AM
That s enough for me, I'm movin to Kentucky. ;)

mojo
02-24-2005, 03:20 PM
All the money goes back to preservation or restoration so i don't really mind higher prices at all. How many of you play golf? usually 25 bucks or more for 18 holes and that takes only a few hours. Hell i drop well over 20 bucks on night at a bar. A whole year of fishing for 20 bucks is still awesome and even after you include hunting, deer tags and wetland stamps it is still pretty cheap i think. Anyone hunt at or fish at metzgers marsh? it was totally paid for by license and stamp fees. Anyone like catching saugeye, steelhead or fishing in any stocked reservoir or lake? guess where the money comes from to pay for that?

bkr43050
02-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Those are good points Mojo. I have to agree that the $20 is a small cost to fish all year long. For most avid fishermen you are talking pennies per trip for cost. And knowing that the state has some decent stocking programs adds more reason to not object.

bronzeback
02-24-2005, 05:52 PM
man, whoever wants kentucky can have it, not that it isn't a pretty state with some good opportunities for the sportsman, but kentucky doesn't even come close to having the fishing and hunting that ohio has. ohios license fees aren't that far off of most other states, cheaper than some still with the increase.

Ol' Whiskers
02-24-2005, 08:06 PM
I don't mind license fees from any state, if the $$ goes back to preservation and enforcement. Do a bit of research on the hidden federal/state tarriffs on fishing and hunting equipment - that tackle box you buy for 35 bucks is just another toolbox at Lowe's for 32. Same for line, lures, rods & reels. If only the license fees could get folks to clean up after themselves when they're using the resources!

AEFISHING
02-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Look at the package deals boys. Kentucky is a step ahead of Ohio on this one. One license covers it all. Pretty cool. Kentucky has some of the best hunting in the United States they charge more for out of staters to hunt it. I live in Cincy now so it sucks to have to pay all that money to hunt places that are 10 minutes from my house.

stilesp
02-25-2005, 06:54 AM
I'm originally from KY and am back there alot hunting and fishing. If you looked closer you would have seen that KY is sticking it to us non residents with a price hike. My bill this year for licenses.

Annual Hunting License 115.00
Annual Fishing License 35.00
Deer Permit 50.00
Spring Turkey Permit 20.00
Land Between the Lakes User Permit 20.00

Fall Archery Turkey Permit 50.00
Fall Firearm Turkey Permit 50.00

I'm not sure about this one as one fall turkey permit covered gun and archery last year. It appears the permit is only good for one weapon.

So if I have to buy two fall permits. The total will be. $340
Screw that, looks like I'm skipping fall turkey hunting this year.

T-Man
02-25-2005, 09:19 AM
I know what you mean. I live here in Ohio and my dad and I went down to Kentucky to do some deer hunting this past season.

M.Magis
02-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Kentucky has some of the best hunting in the United States
I'd guess you've not hunted too many places. :rolleyes: I've hunted KY, and while I enjoy it there, it's not even close to Ohio's hunting. And, there's much better places than Ohio. KY would be a good ways down the list. Plus, if you'd get your calculator out, OH's license fees aren't too much more than KY's if you add everything up. If your that cheap, you know where the border is.