View Full Version : Anyone going to brave the weather today?
05-01-2004, 08:19 AM
I know the second I trailer up, it's coming down in buckets. Still may try Oshay if there's a break in the nastiness. Looking at a weather map, looks like we're could get pounded.
05-01-2004, 11:08 AM
All depends on the rain. If it lets up I may slip out and try O'Shaugnessy. We'll see how the weather goes.
05-01-2004, 11:18 AM
as well as i've been doing at hoover, and as bad as i want to go, i'm not about to get out with all that water from the sky is on the doppler. :(
05-01-2004, 02:25 PM
It was a nice day weather-wise but fishing was slow for me at Oshay. Just a couple on crankbaits. No keepers. Only rained a couple of times and barely came down. Anyone else get out there?
05-01-2004, 06:57 PM
I was at Oshay from 2-6, met up with Dale on the water. Same results John..a few on cranks, nothing to write home about. Best fish I had I lost at the boat...for all I know it was a cat!
Monday will be interesting...still fired up though!
05-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Same here John. three small bass and 1- nice saugeye. 3 of the four were on cranks, my 1- 12" bass was on a spinner bait. Boy is that place slow! But it turned out to be a pretty nice day anyway.
05-02-2004, 02:09 PM
We were out at O'Shay from about 6:30am to 11am yesterday as well and man was it slow. We didn't get any keepers in the boat, just a few small ones cought on spinnerbaits. Although we had one huge fish get off under the boat, however I can almost guarantee it wasn't a bass. I think I am going to try out griggs tonight if the weather permits.
05-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Carp...if you head out, mind posting what the water looked like after last night? Thanks man.
05-02-2004, 11:28 PM
We were actually crazy enough to go out for a little bit today (Sunday) and the water was a lot higher than I had expected......I'm not sure how long it will take to get down. It was also pretty muddy as well, but thats a given. We didn't have any luck, one got off and that was it. I seem to have bad luck during muddy flooded cold fronts, any advice for fishing these types of conditions while we're at it?
05-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Thanks Carp. Looks like I'll stay home tomorrow evening, since O'Shaugnessy will be bad also. By the time I get back from Canada I hope they are both clear and ready to fish.
05-03-2004, 07:56 AM
Saw a few hardy souls fishing Alum when I crossed on 36/37 on my way too and from Findlay Sunday a.m. It had to be terrible out there early on my way up, maybe improving to just miserable on the return trip. Must have been a tourney of some kind there perhaps?
05-03-2004, 08:02 AM
I think we're gonna try the tourney tonight Dale. If the river is way jacked or only a few boats show, we might just head up to alum for the evening.
05-03-2004, 08:28 AM
BTW, When are you going to Canada again? I sure hope that you get a bigger fish than last year. That one was a real beauty but I know you would love to have one larger. I just want you to be happy brother man.
Hope the weather is good for you also. I drove by Griggs and O'Shay and they looked like a Hershey's chocolate bar. I am not going to fish either until it clears up a bit. Broke my arse cleaning the boat off after,
"the other day on the muddy O'Shay".
05-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Maybe a bigger Smallie Truck, but it's gonna be hard to beat a 7.70 largemouth in Canada, that far North. I leave next monday about 6:30 AM May 10th. Can't wait!!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.